Questions to ask yourself
if you think “We are already certified”
or “We don’t need this”
or “We are
- Do you have food safety transportation
operations covered in your Contract of Carriage?
- Do you have transportation operations standards
and procedures specified between shippers and carriers in accordance with the
Contract of Carriage?
- What test do you use to prove your containers
(trailers) meet sanitation and temperature control standards? Visual inspection is not enough.
- Does your carrier certification require data
that ties record keeping between container ID to sanitation and temperature
- Do you have a transportation HACCP plan? (This
is NOT a facility or food holding plan.)
- Which CODEX standards do you use to control
temperature and sanitation when you transport food?
- Do your current food certification standards
provide sanitation and temperature control audit compliance requirements – we have
reviewed many distribution centers that are unsanitary but are “food safety
- What temperature is required to wash your
- Is your trailer or container wash operation
certified to food transportation safety standards?
- Is your washout water tested? Do you have calibration certificates for your
hot wash systems?
If you did not answer “yes” to all of these questions, you will not be in
compliance with new rules on the
Sanitary Transportation of Human and Animal
TransCert at the Sanitary Cold Chain
1530 Paisley Street
NW Palm Bay, Florida 32907
Phone: 1 + (808) 469-0046
Copyright Ryan Systems, Inc 2015 All Rights Reserved